MOVIN' ON UP!

Do you know how many versions of Chapter Fourteen I've written over the last seven days? A lot. Fortunately I'm happy to report that the daily grind has paid off with a finished chapter, and a sense of rejuvenation at that.

I have to admit that my commitment to writing a little bit every day, while helpful to my ultimate goal of finishing my novel, started to feel a lot more like a chore over the past week. I had what felt like a great opening to the chapter, but when I followed it to it's conclusion, I realized that it just wouldn't work, and had to archive that version somewhere else and start over. Who knows, I might be able to work it in somewhere else.

Speaking of following the story to its conclusion, I do want to give an update about the overall story block I mentioned in my last post, namely that I figured it out. Mostly. Really, in my brainstorming, I discovered a way to integrate some characters from earlier in the book into this later half in a meaningful way, which is great because if I hadn't I would have just gone back and deleted them. In bringing these characters back in, I've also figured out the best method for moving forward with one of my protagonists in an interesting way as well. Frankly I'm glad I had that writer's block this week because, in a way, it helped make me a stronger writer. Now on to Chapter Fifteen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOO MUCH GOING ON?

GET MY BLOCKS OFF... OR AT LEAST TRY TO